Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Ongoing training and support, same day pay and flexible hours! Newcross Healthcare are looking for Student Nurses to fill the role of Care Assistants to join our team to deliver life-enhancing care and support to our service users within Kingston upon Hull and the surrounding local areas.
At Newcross Healthcare, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you and your studies, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of a healthy work-life balance.
The Role As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
In order to be successful in this caring role, you must be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those in your care.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to GBP12.47 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Additionally, our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo app you can decide when you want to be paid. All you have to do is submit your timesheets by 5pm to get paid up to 50% of the value of your shift, all on the very same day.
Skills and Development At Newcross, you will have the opportunity to improve and develop your skill set with a various training programmes available, earned through credits as you work. Some of these courses include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many more.
The Team Our friendly Hull branch are located in Norwich House, just a short distance from Hull Paragon Interchange.
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Apply now! If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.