Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a Student Nurse? Looking for a role that fits around you? Then we have just the thing! Newcross Healthcare are searching for dedicated Student Nurses to take on the position of a Care Assistant to deliver outstanding care and support to our service users living in Leeds and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Position As a Care Assistant, you will be assisting elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide excellent care, support and companionship to our service users and aid them handling day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
With Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around your studies, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of an healthy work-life balance whilst you are studying.
Benefits you will receive:
- Salary of up to GBP12.03 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Access to multiple training programmes earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
You will also benefit from our new FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. All you have to do is submit your timesheet by 5pm and get paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What we require from you:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience
- Referee contact details
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- Access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Your Team Our local branch are based in 14 King Street, just a 5 minute walk from Leeds train station, also accessible by car and bus.
Join Newcross today!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.