Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
Do you want a flexible job to fit around your studies? Newcross Healthcare is seeking Student Nurses to fill our Healthcare Assistant roles in Caernarfon, Bangor and the surrounding areas ofNorth Wales.
Skills & Opportunities With Newcross, you will have exclusive opportunities to develop your skill set with a wide variety of free training programs. They can be earned through credits as you work and cover topics including Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
You could also study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- Flexible hours throughout a range of shifts during the week, night and weekends
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Flexi Pay feature enabling you to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Caring position As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing care and support to our service users with a range of important tasks. These will include personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to GBP12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.