HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the largest independent hospital in the UK and has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We are currently recruiting for a Staff Nurse in our Urgent Care Centre
Urgent care is provided for a variety of conditions, including acute medical conditions such as respiratory and chest complaints; traumatic injuries; ear, nose and throat conditions; fractures, sprains and strains; stomach, bowel and bladder problems; minor wounds, burns, or cuts and grazes and general aches and pains.
As a Staff Nurse at our Urgent Care Centre, you will responsible providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Urgent Care. The successful candidate will also promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the Urgent Care Centre.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week (Unit open between 8am and Midnight Mon-Sun)
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £31,972-£35,169 plus 6% shift enhancements and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Prioritising workload and directing staff accordingly.
- To make efficient use of resources and unsure all revenue is captured
- Deputise for senior staff as needed, providing management and leadership in their absence.
- Handle complaints appropriately and refer to senior staff as needed
- Promote team working.
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs.
- Respect and ensure patient privacy and confidentiality, acting as chaperone as required
- Support and act as role model for junior staff, promoting a learning environment.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order.
- To maintain accurate records of patient care.
- Provide patients and families with information regarding the care and management of their condition.
- Responsible for the control storage and administration of drugs.
- To carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- Experience/Qualification in AAU, A&E or critical care environment
- UKCC Registration and Validation requirements
- Phlebotomy/ cannulation training desirable
- Knowledge of relevant Hospital Policies and Procedures
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.