Staff Nurse - Surgical Ward
Staff Nurse - Surgical Ward
Cromwell Hospital, London
GBP30672 to GBP37244 per annum
GBP1100 Shift Allowance
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you'll be working in
We're an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we're committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We're one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing
In this role, you will focus on ensuring the provision of high quality evidence-based nursing care in a clinical setting. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and be responsible for the care they deliver. You'll also provide high quality physical and psychological care with compassion and confidently and safely communicate patients care needs.
What's a typical day?
A typical day will be to help foster a supportive working environment and maintenance of staff morale through mutual regard and respect recognising and valuing contributions from individuals within the ward team. You'll need to maintain positive working relationships with all Consultants, ensuring individual Consultant protocols are utilised. Also, you will monitor and manage the nursing allocation for your team as well as support flexibility with off-duty in order to maintain a well sourced clinical area.
Who we're looking for?
- First level registration.
- Must have a current ILS certificate or be prepared to undertake the course within the first 3 months
- Appropriate experience in a Staff Nurse role
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills & report writing.
- Computer literate
- Honest, open-minded, treats colleagues with dignity and respect.
- Highly energetic, proactive and motivated to deliver high standards of nursing care.
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Within our Oncology department, all Clinical staff trained in the Gold standard framework
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc GBP10,000 to spend on your own CPD
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday
- You're paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free health assessment
- Free massage carried out by our in-house therapy team
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test plus contribution to cost of glasses
- Dry cleaning discounts
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2work scheme
- Annual awards ceremony and long service awards
- Paid career breaks
What's it like to work here?
As you'll already know, we want people to 'love working here', so much so that's it's at the top of our agenda and something you'll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what's most important to you. We're a healthcare company so there's a huge focus on our people's health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.