Staff Nurse (RMN, RNLD, RGN)
£3000 welcome bonus (Subject to T&C)
Salary: £34,224.58 - £41,661.51 (DOE)/Years qualified
0-1 years (Preceptorship): £34,224.58
1-4 years: £36,912.70
4 years+: £41,661.51
Hours: 38.5 hours per week
We are looking for staff nurses to join the team at York House our Neurorehabilitation Hospital for people with Acquired Brain Injuries and Neurological Conditions.
• Would you like to work as a nurse in a private hospital supporting people with their rehabilitation
• Would you thrive in an interdisciplinary team
• We will provide support for you to develop specialist skills alongside your nursing qualifications.
Ideally you will have:
- leadership qualities and be comfortable managing a team with the ability to empower staff and delegate tasks
- good communication skills
- good interpersonal skills
- the ability to use your own initiative and be adaptable in your approach
- the ability to manage high pressure situations in a calm and proactive way
We offer a comprehensive benefits package:
- £3,000 Welcome Bonus (Subject to Conditions)
- Annual reimbursement of PIN renewal cost
- 38 days of annual leave, including bank holidays
- Group life assurance
- Long service and staff awards
- Nationwide employee staff discounts (Perkbox and Blue Light Card)
- access to RCNI modules and journals
- free parking at York House hospital
What we do at York House
York House is a specialist assessment and neurorehabilitation hospital for men and women with an acquired brain injury.
The people we support at York House may have a combination of varying complex needs, including (but not limited to) mental and/or physical health needs, challenging behaviour, and addictions. We help support people who may be detained under the Mental Health Act and others may be placed under a Deprivation of Liberty order.
Our rehabilitation uses an inter-disciplinary approach to help people with emotional, physical, and cognitive challenges. Our aim is to help the people we support to achieve their goals.
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll be working within an inter-disciplinary team which includes psychiatrists, psychologists, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, and other nurses.
As part of our team, you will be expected to work closely and communicate with external agencies i.e. GPs, advocates, funders and the families of the people we support.
Find out more and apply
Read more about being a nurse at York House at https://www.thedtgroup.org/careers
*All successful candidates are subject to compliance checks including 3 years of checkable references and DBS/PVG checks*
The Disabilities Trust are a Disability Confident Employer. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy. The Disabilities Trust is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive organisation. It’s a place where we recognise, celebrate, and live our values which includes offering a range of inclusive employment policies and staff engagement forums to support employees from all backgrounds.