Staff Nurse - Oncology Inpatients
One of the UK's largest independently owned non-profit hospitals is seeking a Apheresis Clinical Nurse Specialist to join their established team in Central London.
Our Oncology Inpatients Ward comprises of 18 beds, all in separate, private en-suite rooms. We treat a range of cancers; Brain, Pancreatic, Cervical, Head & Neck, Bowel, Lung, Prostate, Bladder, Neuroendocrine, Skin, and Uterine cancer.
As a Band 6 Oncology Inpatients Staff Nurse, you will work in a clinical and service development capacity to ensure the service to patients is planned, delivered and evaluated in line with current evidence.
This is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours a week (Monday to Friday). This position has a competitive salary between GBP37,795 - GBP43,342 alongside a comprehensive benefits package including: contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 17%); Private Medical Healthcare; 25 day's annual leave; season ticket travel loan and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To facilitate the provision of a co-ordinated, high quality inpatient service to cancer patients in consultation with the inpatient manager.
- To be able to take charge of the ward as required
- To partake in practice development forums within and external to the Clinic.
- To work clinically and to adhere to the NMC Code.
- Enable clinical effectiveness by mentoring /facilitating junior staff to achieve optimum competence and clinical performance in patient care.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with significant clinical experience in oncology care.
- Demonstrate leadership in the field of oncology care
- Highly motivated individual who possesses dynamic critical thinking skills, and is committed to quality issues, audit and research.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team building skills, with the ability to lead, manage and motivate self and others.
Apply within remembering to attach your CV or contact Chris Bonner for more info;
Medicare First is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Medicare First operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.