Staff Nurse - Mental Health In-patient Services
As part of a multi-disciplinary team within the context of an inpatient ward / dept, you will have the responsibility for the assessment of patient care needs and the development and evaluation of programmes of care. S/he will be expected to carry out all relevant forms of care in partnership with patients, carers and other professionals and in line with agreed standards and clinical policies.
In the absence of senior charge nurse/charge nurse, taking charge of the ward and participating in the supervision and teaching of junior staff, both qualified and unqualified will be an important aspect of the role as will be the mentoring of nurses undergoing basic or post-basic training.
You will be expected to practice within a legal & ethical framework as defined by: -
- The Nursing & Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct,
- National mental health related legislation
- National and local policy, guidelines and protocols.
- It is essential you are a Mental Health Nurse live NMC registration, the post-holder may practice in any of a variety of clinical areas within the inpatient setting. These will typically include: -
- Acute Admission
- Rehabilitation; acute and longer term stays
The shift pattern is rotational.
Details on how to contact the Recruitment Service can be found within the Candidate Information Packs .