HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
Working as a Radiology Staff Nurse you will participate in the provision of a comprehensive, effective, Imaging Nursing service.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week Monday – Friday internal rotation covering hours between 8am – 8pm (8am – 4pm, 10am – 6pm, 12noon – 8pm)
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £31,000 - £35,000 dependent upon skills and experience.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all patients receive the highest standard of nursing care
- Perform radiology nursing procedures and to understand the rationale for these
- Learn and implement new techniques and procedures
- Assess the condition of patients and act accordingly
- Protect patients from unnecessary physical and/or mental disturbance
- Complete appropriate records of patient preparation, treatment, aftercare and progress
- Provide an emergency nursing service when require
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered
- Evidence of CPD
- Competency in all aspects of nursing as applicable to the Imaging Services Department.
- Be knowledgeable and educate others in Imaging-specific nursing.
- Assist in promotion and enhancement of the reputation of the Imaging department and to assist in seeking out new opportunities for developing the Imaging Services Department
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.