Staff Nurse DART Substance Misuse
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to various justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Holme House holds up to 1200 sentenced adult males in 7 residential units. It also has a 16 bedded inpatient unit for the North East Region.
We provide primary care in a range of clinics which include but are not limited to Dressings / Venepuncture/ Nurse Triage / Smoking Cessation. We administer medication up to 4 times a day; this includes Controlled Drugs (CD's) and Opiate Substitution Treatment (OST).
Holme House also has a dedicated DART (Drug Alcohol Recovery Team).
Benefits as a Staff Nurse DART Substance Misuse:
- GBP24,214 - GBP30,112 per annum
- Golden Hello of GBP1500* (GBP500 on starting; GBP1000 after 12 months)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers - Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Job Outline: The post holder will contribute to the positive and aspirational development of the nursing team, by promoting an agenda of recovery from the dependence on drugs and/or alcohol within the client group and which supports the goals of reducing re-offending, increasing re-integration into meaningful and sustained occupation and improving social and family relationships, with integrated models of care.
The Ideal Candidate:
Required Essential Skills:
- 1st level RGN or RMN with current registration with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Evidence of Continuous
- Professional Development (CPD).
- Experience of key working and care planning
- Evidence of team leadership and supervision of junior staff
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experiences of working within substance misuse services
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to lead and develop teams.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in partnership with other agencies.
- Ability to treat service users with respect and dignity at all times, adopting a culturally sensitive approach, which considers the needs of the whole person.
- Good presentation of self, enthusiastic, flexible, innovative.
- Flexible attitude to working arrangements.
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring.
- Motivated and committed.
- Ability to work within a pressurised environment.
- Mentally and physically fit to undertake the role.
- ENB 998 or equivalentWillingness to undertake Diploma/Degree in Substance Misuse or equivalent
- Post registration certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Advanced Life Support provider
- BBV training RCGP 1
- Experiences of working within prison/secure setting
- Experiences of working with complex mental health conditions
- Awareness/knowledge of research skills.
- Clinical/substance misuse and health related knowledge
- Ability to work within a harm reduction model
- Understanding of relapse prevention model.
G4S value excellent patient care and has a dynamic approach to nursing in a complex setting. We welcome visits to the prison due to the uniqueness of this nursing setting. We offer competitive rates of pay for successful applicants, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Offers are subject to terms and conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
24214.00 - 30112.00 GBP Annual