Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals are a large, acute, teaching Trust with a proud history of providing adult and children services in a diverse range of specialist, general and elective services across multiple sites. We treat over three quarters of a million people a year from all walks of life, and our 8,900+ workforce are just as diverse.
We are extremely proud of our nurses and nurse led services and this is reflected through the Trust’s commitment to actively seek, encourage and support the ongoing development of our staff. We recognise the value that each individual brings to our profession and to support this we have a range of comprehensive learning and career development opportunities which include:
- A one year Preceptorship Programme; specifically designed to meet the development needs of newly qualified nurses and actively promotes and supports continuing professional development
- An extended preceptorship programme to refine specialist clinical skills through in-house training sessions, management master classes and leadership training
- Regular nursing career events with a range of speakers from our senior nursing team
- Speciality specific development programmes
- Regular Band 5 Nursing forums to support and encourage engagement and networking
- Careers clinics, which include revalidation preparation, support and guidance from the Practice Development Team and yearly appraisals
- 18 month rotational programmes which can be tailored to suit your individual needs and preferences
- Flexible working arrangements which encourage and support a work/life balance
- Part way through a £485 million redevelopment of the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton
In every team you will find a strong sense of community with a clear focus on patient care as our top priority.
If you would like to work for a diverse, inclusive organisation where your voice matters, in a team that values your contribution and with a manager who supports your development, then apply today!
£24,214 to £30,112 per annum