Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don’t just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn’t exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Set in the leafy suburb of Edgbaston, close to Birmingham City centre, Priory Hospital Woodbourne is conveniently located for access to the West Midlands motorway network and with very good local public transport links.
The hospital provides a diverse range of inpatient services, including acute and psychiatric intensive care for adults aged 18-25 years, Child and Adolescent Mental Health, specialist Eating Disorder (including day care) and private acute and addictions treatment programmes. With 78 beds across 7 wards, our multi-disciplinary teams deliver personalised treatment programmes to our patients and have established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care.
Speciality Doctors at Woodbourne will join a committed team of substantive medical staff: each ward is led by a Consultant Psychiatrist supported by their Speciality Doctor and other members of the Multi Disciplinary Team. We provide an excellent opportunity to develop your clinical knowledge and practice working alongside experienced Consultants and clinicians within the team, offering a wide variety of clinical practice not usually available within the NHS. Priory Healthcare offers a solid commitment to your CPD and has an excellent track record in supporting Speciality Grade Doctors to achieve success in professional examinations and to move on to higher specialist training.
We currently have a vacancy in our:
EDU/Private Acute & ATP service
Key Accountabilities include:
• Management of admissions and discharges.
• Day to day management of patients on the ward including undertaking mental state assessments, risk assessments, MDT liaison, outcome measurements and ensuring patient's physical health needs are met.
• Prompt mental health assessments, reports and clinical summaries. The post holder must have proficient ICT skills to use our electronic records system (Carenotes) and produce reports.
• Participation in audit, research, quality and performance management and other clinical and professional activities.
What we’d like from you:
• A medical degree (MB ChB or equivalent)
• Full GMC registration with licence to practice
• A minimum of one year's experience in mental health
What we’d like to give you:
- A competitive salary
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training & your continuing professional development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra day of annual leave
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised meals
- Free parking
- Local reward, recognition & colleague well-being programme
We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways:
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.