As a world-recognised centre of clinical excellence and research, Cleveland Clinic is expanding its global footprint to London. We are opening a brand new, state of the art, hospital in January 2022 and are recruiting now for skilled and enthusiastic allied health professionals to form our exceptional therapy team. Through collaboration and learning, Cleveland Clinic London will combine the best of Cleveland Clinic, with the best of UK Healthcare, ensuring holistic patient care and best possible patient outcomes.
As a Specialist Occupational Therapist, you will be working as an autonomous practitioner providing specialist post-operative assessment, treatment and complex discharge planning. This will require skilled clinical reasoning, together with integrated clinical management with the wider MDT. You will work alongside Consultant surgeons who are experts in their field.
You will be predominantly working on the general surgical ward, providing additional clinical support to other acute services within Cleveland Clinic London such as orthopaedics and neurosurgery.
This role will report directly to an appropriate member of the Occupational Therapy senior team and be part of a highly innovative, evidence based, forward thinking therapy team, as well as working within the wider MDT providing occupational therapy expertise.
What we need from you:
• Effective and adaptable communication using a variety of verbal and written techniques to the needs of the patient, family, carer and wider MDT
• Ability to priorities, delegate, organise and work effectively to a deadline
• Knowledge of role of psychological effects on rehabilitation and management of effects
• Knowledge of clinical governance including quality and effectiveness
• Able to maintain high level of CPD and integrate this within daily practice
• Ability to resolve conflict and establish and maintain good professional working relationships
• Ability to critical appraise and reflect on own practice
• Ability to provide supportive supervision, coaching and development to supervisees
• Ability to work across the multi-disciplinary team including in multidisciplinary meetings, communicating with all relevant stakeholders including case management teams.
• To understand and apply clinical governance principles to own caseload and support clinical
leads in audit, quality, safety and effectiveness review as required
“Cleveland Clinic London is committed to supporting the health and well-being of all caregivers with a comprehensive umbrella of services. As a CCL caregiver, you’re committed to providing world-class care and service to our patients — and we’re committed to providing world-class healthcare benefits for our caregivers and their families."
We can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave
• Auto-Enrolment of 5% pension, and we’ll contribute 10% on top of that
• Paid Annual Leave (Salaried Caregivers)
• Adoption Pay and Leave, Paternity, Maternity Pay and Leave
• Workplace Pension Scheme
• The Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
• AXA Doctor at Hand
• Dental Insurance
Be part of history and join our highly skilled therapy team to deliver world class care at Cleveland Clinic London.
For further information or questions regarding the role please contact the Talent Team on firstname.lastname@example.org