HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
Working as a Sister you will provide day to day responsibility within the Urgent Care Centre services within the hospital, providing a visible and authoritative presence in a clinical setting.
You will provide and strengthen clinical leadership within defined areas by acting as a positive role model, who practices evidence-based care, to ensure high standards of clinical care.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week working Monday – Sunday, covering internal rotation, shifts to cover 8am - 8pm, 10am – 10pm, or 12pm – 10pm
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £40,000 - £51,556 and will be dependent upon skills
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with other managers to implement and achieve the unit’s short and long term goals which are aligned with the organisational vision/mission
- Develops Department’s long and short range goals aligned with vision/mission and strategies to achieve these goals.
- erves as clinical expert resource and involves other disciplines to achieve quality care and service
- Continually collects and assesses staffing, equipment and other data to note budget implications
- Contributes to the development of a realistic budget for the Urgent Care Centre which meets objectives and financial parameters
- Is flexible, adapting to new ideas and models.
- Actively seeks ongoing feedback to make necessary changes/adjustments
- Consistently models effective leadership through personal behaviour
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- Valid NMC registration and PREP requirements
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Recognised qualification in relevant speciality
- Significant experience in speciality
- Evidence of management of staff within specialty
- Health and Safety and other mandatory training
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.