HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea, and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.
The Sister will support the Clinical Nurse Manager (IVF)/ in the smooth running of the IVF Satellite clinic and supervise junior nursing staff. You will be assisting couples undergoing fertility treatments and be responsible for implementing and monitoring patient treatment cycles.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week Monday - Friday and will require some Saturday shifts.
We are offering an attractive and competitive salary for this role which will be dependent on skills and experience.
Please note, this job advert will close on 16/09/19
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the day to day management of a IVF Satellite Unit
- Have responsible for the co-ordination of treatment cycles and liaising with other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Ensuring all operative procedures are booked with Reservations department, ensuring anaesthetic cover is available
- Maintain all stores and equipment, requisitioning supplies, repairs and replacements, informing Unit Co-ordinator of any major replacements required
- Responds to patient complaints appropriately in the absence of the IVF Nurse Manager
- Undertake fertility ultrasound examinations and provide a detailed report as required
- Management of the nursing team, including the use of personnel development plans and individual performance review
- Maintain a safe working environment, recognising the Health and Safety requirements of staff, patients and visitors
Skills & Experience
- You will be RGN qualified with an ENB 225 (Gynae course)
- Previous experience in an IVF setting
- Minimum of 2 years with ultrasound experience
- Mentorship training
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.