Sister / Charge Nurse (Urology & Neurosciences Ward)
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sister / Charge Nurse (F Grade) to join our Urology & Neurosciences Ward located in our main hospital at The London Clinic in London (W1G 6BW).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres. Other premises include, The Duchess of Devonshire Wing (Cancer Centre), The London Clinic Eye Centre and 4 premises providing consulting room suites and diagnostic services.
Our Urology & Neurosciences is located on the 4th floor, and comprises 15 patient rooms all with en-suite facilities. We provide medical and surgical care to patients with a range of diagnostics from the different specialties, including neurosciences, deep brain stimulation, male sexual health, nephrology, and all urological conditions. We are also pioneers in robotics treatments for prostate conditions.
As a Sister / Charge Nurse you will be responsible for the delivery of the highest standards of care and service to the patients, and be designated to take charge of the ward/department.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Hours/Shifts: 37.5 hours p/week; Shift rotation - Long days & Nights, including Weekends (7:45am to 8:15pm / 8:15pm – 7:45am).
- Salary: The salary range for this role is £39,166 - £49,784 (Inclusive), and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 25 day’s annual leave, season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care within the framework of nursing.
- Act as a role model to all staff, providing leadership, support and guidance as well as helping to maintain a suitable learning environment.
- Plan staff duty rosters to ensure economical, effective staff patient allocation.
- Attend and organise department meetings, as well as participate in monthly MDT meetings.
- Developing and implementing clinical audit programmes, as well as quality and risk management initiatives.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the department budget and participate in staff recruitment and induction.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Experience working in a general surgical environment.
- Previous experience in urology/nephrology/neurosciences field would be desirable but NOT essential.
- Experience with Cannulation, Venepuncture & Tracheostomy Care.
- Good leadership skills with an understanding of the principles of mentorship/clinical supervision.
- Proactive, flexible and highly motivated individual who possesses strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and shows a commitment to research based practice.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering, which summarise our belief in integrity, compassion and high quality service.
£39,166 - £49,784 (Inclusive)