HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
From complex care to straightforward procedures in both adults and children, HCA UK provides exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, clinics, outpatient and diagnostics centres, and NHS partnerships. We believe that all our patients and employees should have access to the latest state-of-the-art technology, which has seen HCA Uk invest more than £500 million over the last decade to ensure that our hospitals and specialist centres are amongst the best equipped in the world. This philosophy of continual investment ensures our employees have the best career development opportunities; as their skills advance alongside our facilities and technology.
We are currently recruiting for a Simulation & Clinical Skills Education Facilitator based at our Learning Academy
We're proud to invest in continuous training and development programmes for our consultants, nurses and specialist staff. Mixing traditional classroom teaching, on-the-job training and online learning, our staff benefit from career development tailored to their needs. As a member of staff at our Clinical Education Centre you will help to deliver a variety of Clinical courses & utilising Simulation as an educational tool
The Simulation & Clinical skills Facilitator is to influence the quality of the clinical learning environment by providing support, educational input and development activities for mentors and students within HCA Healthcare UK. They will focus on the delivery of simulation & clinical skills training both within the Education Centre and across HCA Facilities as required
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week Mon-Fri 8am-4pm (Flexibility required)
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify existing and potential learning opportunities for students within the HCA Healthcare UK facilities and ensure that these link with the learning needs of different student groups
- Actively collaborates and may lead the development of the entire orientation/onboarding process for nursing
- Contribute to the identification, selection and evaluation of practice placements available within a range of provider organisations and which meet the Educational Practice Placement Standards
- Develop communication networks and close working relationships with managers, mentors, practice placement areas and Higher Education Institutes working with HCA Healthcare UK
- Contribute to effective partnership working between HCA Healthcare UK and Higher Education Institutes by building and maintaining links between the practice placement areas and the Schools of Nursing and Midwifery
- Explore and develop opportunities for inter-professional learning
- Manage and support the HCA Nursing Simulation tool and other educational nursing opportunities
- Develop and deliver the simulation education tool for HCA UK facilities and clinical skills competencies
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered
- Post registration experience in General nursing
- Possessing a post-graduation certificate in education with a recognised mentorship qualification
- Recordable teaching qualification (or working towards)
- Outstanding communicator with ability to work autonomously and as a team member
- Has evidence of ability to present material appropriately in a variety of formal and informal settings
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.