HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
As a Senior Theatre Practitioner, you will be responsible and accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Surgeon during surgical procedures. You will also be responsible for assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients undergoing surgical procedures.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care
- Working with members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team following local protocols and standards
- Awareness of the effective management of resources within the department
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures
- Provide initial emergency care as required
Skills & Experience
- Current NMC/HCPC registration
- Experience in cardiac surgical practice is highly desirable
- Effective Communication
- Sound Decision making process
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.