HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea, and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.
As the Senior Theatre Practitioner in Anaesthetics, responsible and accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Anaesthetist and supporting the Lead Anaesthetics Practitioner.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week – working earlies and lates.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £39,902 - £44,500 (with a 4% Shift enhancement) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures, both anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide initial emergency care as required
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Adhere to the procedures for the use of supplies, ordering requirements for the Department as directed by line manager.
- Ensure the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre activity.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and its amendments.
- Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade and the needs of the service.
- Participate in the reporting of incidents and comply with any ensuing investigations.
Skills & Experience
- RGN or registered OPD
- Anaesthetics course
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Advanced Life Support (desirable)
- Post-registration qualification in a surgical field (desirable)
- Mentorship qualification (desirable)
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.