HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
For medical professionals who value great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy with a real team spirit, The Lister Hospital Campus is the career destination of choice.
As a Senior Theatre Anaesthetics Practitioner, you will be working as part of a team to ensure a high standard of care and safety for patients within the theatre unit. In addition, you will actively contribute to the establishment of good communications and relationships between staff, doctors, patients, relatives and visitors and mentor junior members of the team.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £39,902 - £44,335 + 4% shift enhancement and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence based practice
- Prepare the Anaesthetic room according to the individual needs of the patient and Anaesthetist.
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Coaching and development of more junior team members
- Deal with enquiries, complaints etc. with appropriate action
- Smooth hand over and hand back at change of shift, to ensure there is no disruption in the care patients receive
- Prepare patients and provide assistance for clinical/operative procedures
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives
Skills & Experience
- Register nurse or ODP
- Current NMC/HCPC Registration
- Substantial anaesthetics experience, ideally in Cardiac or Neuro/Spinal
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Experience in assisting with planning and implementing of anaesthetic and peri-operative care.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.