Senior Staff Nurse Private Outpatients Central London Hospital Permane
Job Title - Senior Staff Nurse Band 6 Private Outpatients
Salary - Band 6 up to GBP44,044 inclusive plus benefits
Location - Central London
Hours- Full Time with one Saturday per month
Type of role - Permanent
Our client is the Private prestigious Hospital based in Central London which is part of a large NHS Trust known for their excellent patient care within beautiful calming surroundings and State-of-the-Art technology. Due to expansion within the Private Hospital we are seeking an Outpatients Nurse band 6 with at least two years experience, Cardiac experience would be an asset but not essential. Cannulation, Phlebotomy and ECG's are required. You will be looking after Consultants, dressings, prepping and being part of a team but have supervisory experience or mentoring experience.
- Develop the patient pathway to ensure that the patient is prepared physically and psychologically to undergo necessary procedures.
Lead by example to ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
- Manage the total nursing care of patients within the department competently and be responsible for professional actions.
- Provide the full range of nursing services, including cannulation & phlebotomy, ECG, blood pressure measurement, glucose monitor, urinalysis checks, wound care and any other procedures relevant to heart or lung condition.
- Ensure that treatment rooms and consulting are tidy and prepared including preparation of equipment clinical notes and supplies as required.
- Ensure the patient records are completed in a timely and accurate way and that nursing documentation is maintained accurately including electronic records.
- Safeguard medical records whilst at the clinic and to accurately file referral and supporting documentation as appropriate.
- Promote a positive collaboration with other members of the private patient team including Consultants and their secretaries in order to ensure an efficient and high quality service are maintained.
- Support the management team
- Effectively liaise with the extended multidisciplinary team whenever a patient requires intervention in the various departments.
- Use evidence based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit in all aspects of nursing care.
- Identify and report, clinical risks any accidents/incidents, near misses involving staff, patients and visitors in accordance with Trust policies.
- Assist your Line Manager to investigative any complaints in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Have a working knowledge of Clinical Governance within the clinic and participate in conducting nursing audit to achieve the agreed standards.
- Work within flexible rosters, designed to achieve the most effective use of staff to meet the needs of patients.
- Assist your Line Manager in ensuring the department is efficiently and effectively managed at all times and deputise in her/his absence when necessary.
- Know how and when to call for assistance in the event of emergency.
- Support your line manager and participate in the development of the nursing services ensuring that staff have the appropriate knowledge and skills.
- Deputise for the Clinical Nurse Manager in her absence.
Training and Education:
- Participate in the Trust's appraisal, Identify personal objectives, and reflect on progress.
- Liaise with your Line Manager in agreeing and set annual personal development plan .
- Achieve competencies/goals as set by mentor or Line Manager.
- Attend and keep updated with all statutory mandatory training in line with Trust policy.
- Lead on projects that are related to personal development plans and the clinic's objectives.
- Demonstrate self-motivation to learn and a flexible attitude to acquiring skills, take every opportunity to expand own practice in line with the principles contained within the NMC guidelines and protocols.
- To partake in the induction of new staff.
- Set learning objectives for new staff
- Be a mentor to health care assistants.
- Participate in teaching within your sphere of knowledge and skills.
- Act as specialist/link person having undergone the relevant training sessions in your area of expertise (for example infection control).
If you are an NMC Registered Senior Staff Nurse looking to work within a beautiful and friendly Private Outpatients send us your CV and we shall respond. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK