Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
Opening under The Harley Street Clinic, The Chiswick Outpatient Centre will have a wide range of healthcare services and aims to meet the needs of the local community.
We’re particularly focused on families and offer the full suite of children’s services in a modern, child-friendly environment.
A dedicated paediatric consulting suite will contain consulting rooms, play and breast-feeding areas and access to world-leading consultants with on-site tests and treatment rooms.
The Chiswick Outpatient Centre will provide patients with faster and more convenient access to health services within the local community. Bringing together the expertise of leading consultants across 15 specialities, Chiswick’s residents will benefit from expert healthcare without having to travel into London.
On top of this we’re very keen to promote and develop from within our team and with a very clear progression structure, there’s a lot of scope to develop your career and learn new skills. As part of your development we will train you and diversify your skills across all areas. In addition to many other benefits you will get the chance to work with state of the art technology and leading Consultants.
Deputising for the Sister, the Paediatric Senior Staff Nurse is instrumental in ensuring the application of effective clinical practice by all staff so that all patients receive the highest possible standard of care. Responsible for the day-to-day management of the clinical area, facilitating effective communication and maintaining a professional atmosphere at all times through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the new Paediatric Outpatients Team.
Salary between £35,673 and £40,401 plus HCA benefits
Working hours 37.5 per week
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrating good clinical practice at all times and being accountable for own actions.
- Prioritising workloads and directing staff accordingly.
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs.
- Making efficient use of available resources with regard to budgetary constraints and clinical/ business objectives.
- Deputizing in the absence of the Sister/Charge nurse.
- Participating in the staffing Rota.
- Attending senior meetings.
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, demonstrating best practice at all times.
- Drive high standards of care, assisting with promoting development initiatives.
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy.
- Promote a learning environment at all times.
Skills & Experience
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- Registered Nurse- RSCN
- Post Registration qualification appropriate to the area of practice
- ENB998/ Mentorship Qualification
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
- Ability to co-ordinate the departments staffing on a daily basis to ensure appropriate cover.
- Early recognition of clinical problems taking appropriate action
- Dealing with enquiries/ complaints and refer as necessary
- Dealing with discrepancies on supply needs
- Utilize resources efficiently within budgetary constraints and for a constantly changing workload
SPHERE OF INFLUENCE
- Liaison with consultants, managers, staff, patients and visitors
- Liaison with other internal and external departments
- Support to junior staff and assist in training
- Initiate and deliver improvements and developments in the delivery of care
- Efficient and professional in representing the hospital
RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY
- To take responsibility for own practice, in accordance with the NMC and hospital guidelines/ protocols
- Assess, plan and evaluate care
- Plan and monitor needs, including preparation of staff rotas Risk assessment and management
- Awareness of Budgetary issues when allocating resources and capturing patient revenues
- Ensure adequate teaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Knowledge with all equipment, for skilled and safe use and ensure that all staff are trained in use as appropriate
- Ensuring equipment is in good working order
- Keeping up to date with current procedures
- To maintain accurate staff and patient records
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the flexibility to respond to the needs of the department. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team with exceptional leadership skills and the ability to motivate the team. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of patient care at all times, working towards the continued success of the department at all times.