HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
London Bridge Hospital has six outpatient centres located throughout the City and the South-East of England, providing easy access to the world-class Consultants and facilities synonymous with the hospital.
This includes 120 and 31 Old Broad Street in the City, City of London Medical Centre at Tower Hill, Docklands Healthcare in Canary Wharf, HCA at The Shard in Southwark and Sevenoaks Medical Centre in Sevenoaks, Kent.
Each centre offers a wide range of specialist clinics, diagnostics and treatment services, as well as pre-assessment tests and investigations. Our aim is to make visiting our hospital or centres as easy as possible.
Working as a Senior Staff Nurse in the outpatient’s department. You will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care. To work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff.
Salary: £38,000 - £ 44,661 dependent on experience
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week (Mon-Fri Flexibility of shifts required from 8am - 9pm) shifts to be covered are 8am - 4pm and 12noon - 8pm, 3 - 4 Saturdays rotated per year.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Reward and recognition - We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- To maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- To deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
- Supervise and direct junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Respect and ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered
- UKCC Registration and PREP requirements
- ENB course/experience relevant to an outpatient service is desirable
- Phlebotomy training desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.