HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
As Senior Staff Nurse, working within our new medical Ward, your main purpose will be to plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care whilst working within a multidisciplinary team, supervising and directing junior staff and also temporary staff. You’ll demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions and contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedures and research-based care and other practice development initiatives.
Hours: 37.5hrs pw (covering long days, nights and weekends)
Salary: £36,000-£42,000 Plus enhancements
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- experience within a respiratory or Medical ward
- ENB course/experience relevant to specialist area desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of relevant NMC/national guidelines, policies and procedures (Code of conduct)
- Basic life support
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.