Senior Social Worker
Level B - Senior Social Worker - CAMHS
Northampton - Fitzroy House
Salary: From £34, 750
Hours: Full time, 37.5 per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Social Work team within Fitzroy House.
The CAMHS service is a national service which provides recovery and rehabilitation treatment for both males and females.
You require a Degree in Social Work or equivalent and have at least three years post qualifying experience of working with children or have experience working within mental health, and be able to provide evidence of post qualifying training.
You will need be HCPC registered. There will be opportunities for ongoing training to ensure re-registration. You will receive monthly clinical supervision and weekly CPD events.
The successful candidate will be part of a supportive Social Work team, working alongside the multi-disciplinary team, to deliver the best outcomes for our young people.
The role within the Social Work team is varied.
The candidate will be confident in preparing formal reports, reviews and have experience in giving competent evidence to Mental Health Act Tribunals and other formal meetings. There will be opportunities to engage with families and carers.
The successful candidate will be a member of the multi-disciplinary team and have good communication and interpersonal skills. There is an expectation that the post holder will seek to develop their skills within this specialist area.
Knowledge of Mental Health Legislation including the Care Programme Approach would be an advantage.
All Social Workers work within the Care Programme Approach and will be expected to lead on particular responsibilities that will include:-
- Assessment of patient needs for social work interventions throughout admission
- Ensuring that patient`s rights are protected under the Mental Health Act 1983, Children Act, Human Rights Act, Safeguarding Adults procedures, and Community Care legislation.
- Advocating for patients or ensuring the involvement of appropriate advocacy services
- Preparation and presentation of Mental Health Review Tribunal reports.
- Working with carers and family members including visits to family homes, completing Core Assessments as needed, liaison with home area Health and Social Care services, other voluntary or statutory agencies, identifying and assessing appropriate community resources.
- Planning for Discharge and recording Section 117 Aftercare arrangements.
- Attendance at Clinical Review meetings and presentation of evidence of social work intervention.
- You must be willing to support students in training and/or offer supervision to less experienced colleagues.
We offer an excellent benefits package including pension, 35 days holiday, life cover, and car lease scheme, cycle to work scheme.
For further information, please contact: Dave Rodgers (Operational Lead) on 01604 614232.
Closing Date Sunday 29th September 2019
Expected Interview date early October 2019
£34750 per annum