Senior Sister | Surgical| Alexandra, Chatham| Band 7- equivalent salary dependent on experience | Full time, Permanent | Access to training and progression opportunities
Spire Alexandra Hospital is recruiting for a Senior Sister to join us on a permanent basis to manage our surgical inpatient wards. You will work with a supportive team that includes nurses, senior nurses and senior management, ensuring teams deliver effective patient care by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership.
Spire Alexandra Hospital offers world-class care and is part of one of the UK's most respected private hospital groups. With a full multidisciplinary medical team, we're specialists in a wide range of treatments. You can get fast access to expert healthcare, from consultations and diagnosis to treatment and aftercare.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of planned care for patients
- Display effective management of clinical teams, in a safe and caring environment, in the most efficient and clinically effective way
- Support the Head of Clinical Services in the overall management of the healthcare environment.
- Develop own knowledge and practice and assist others to continually professionally develop
- Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas, and work practices
- Develop and improve services
.Who we're looking for
- NMC registered Nurse with no restrictions on practice
- Experience of working at Sister/Charge Nurse level in a Surgical unit
- Substantial post-registration CPD in management and other clinically related subjects would be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience gained within acute settings
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email :
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications