Job Title: Senior Occupational Health Advisor
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £42,000pa - £49,000pa + benefits (negotiable DOE)
At Health Management we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Occupational Health Advisor (SOHA) to join us in delivering a quality Occupational Health service to one of our valued clients in Royston.
This will suit a Senior OHA who is ready for a new on-site opportunity with a forward thinking, British multinational speciality chemicals and sustainable technologies company.
Based on-site in Royston, you will be responsible for delivering a full Occupational Health remit. These duties will include:
- Provide clinical and commercial leadership to team of an Occupational Health Advisor, 2 Administrators and a team of Occupational Health Technicians, ensuring they can deliver a consistent level of clinical services within Health Managements target operating model.
- Critically appraise clinical services delivered by the team against contractually agreed services, Health Management standards and professional practice.
- Coaching and developing the team to be highly effective enabling them to work independently and in a team to consistently deliver high quality customer services.
- Work collaboratively with a wider team of operational and support staff to plan, deliver, and evaluate clinical services.
- Support the wider Health Management business to develop its clinical services and contribute to the development of policy, procedures, and clinical standards in the business.
- Identify opportunities to innovate and develop the service in line with the Health Management's business needs and expectations.
Clinical Management & Clinical Practice
- Overall responsibly for day to day delivery of clinical services by the team.
- Ensure 75% of the working week is dedicated to clinical practice. The type of work may vary according to business needs.
- Ensure appropriate clinical cover at all times in order to meet customer KPIs with contingency plans in place whenever operationally possible
- Ensure the team have the relevant competencies to deliver safe clinical practise to our customers and meet SLAs.
- To ensure that regular reviews and clinical audits are undertaken in line with HML audit process to consistently achieve a high quality service.
- Provide one to one coaching and support to the team to help them maintain their clinical competencies and meet NMC requirements.
- Act as lead co-ordinator on any complaints received and review clinical services when concerns are raised
Responsible for the line management of an Occupational Health Advisor, 2 administrators and an Occupational Health Technicians in the team which include:
- Recruitment including interviewing
- Setting and running a programme of induction
- One to one coaching and training of the team
- Development reviews, performance management, clinical appraisal and ongoing continuous professional development
- Clinical Governance including audit
- NMC Registered Nurse with an Occupational Health qualification
- Proven experience of managing a team in a commercial OH setting is essential
- Case management experience which involves face to face and telephone, this will form the majorty of the clinical role
- Health Surveillance experience is essential to manage escalations form the team
- Experience of dealing with HR issues (with appropriate support)
- Experience of project management
- Experience of working with a quality system
- Committed, enthusiastic, tenacious person
- Able to communicate effectively within all levels of business areas including Senior Management
- Experience in HAVS level 3
- Travel Health
- Immunisations skills
This job description is not exhaustive. The duties and responsibilities referred to are an outline only and may be changed from time to time in accordance with the needs of Health Management subject to review in conjunction with the post-holder.
Health Management is a subsidiary of MAXIMUS UK and one of the UK’s leading occupational health providers. We believe a healthy and productive workforce is critical to business success. As such, we deliver holistic corporate health and wellness programmes that enable organisations to promote and maintain the physical, mental and social wellbeing of their employees.
If this position sounds of interest and you feel it may be time for a change, why not click apply and one of Talent team will be in touch.