Senior Nurse – Recovery Independence Beds
Main area - Nursing
Grade - Band 6
Contract - Permanent
- Full time
- Part time
37.5 hours per week
Job ref - 270-TD420-ACS
Site - Thackley Green
Town - Corby
Salary - £32,306 - £39,027 pa pro rata
Salary period - Yearly
Closing - 10/08/2022 23:59
Each day we deliver the health and social care services that people in Northamptonshire receive, in the community, at home, work or in schools.
In October 2022 we are launching a new way of working across the sites in Turn Furlong (Kingsthorpe, Northampton) and Thackley Green (Corby), to provide a new integrated health and social care model of care for people needing short term support upon discharge from hospital.
The ‘Recovering Independence Bed’ units, will be delivered by a range of staff from health and social care settings, to deliver clinical care, rehabilitation support, and care support, ensuring patients experience the best quality of service they can, in a prompt and smooth fashion.
The services will provide a unique opportunity to work with a dedicated team, with experience from both elements of health and social care, to deliver vital intermediate care for patients in Northamptonshire.
You will need to provide quality care for our patients, specialising in rehabilitation/reablement and sub-acute care for patient stepping down from acute hospitals.
We want to create an effective and high performing team and so we are looking for somebody who is proactive and dedicated team member, is open to new ideas and is committed to delivering high quality patient care.
Interviews set to take place on the 18th and 19th August.
Main duties of the job
As a Senior Nurse you'll
- Lead the nursing care provision providing quality care to a group of patients on a shift to shift basis over the 24/7 period ensuring safe and effective delegation of junior staff
- Lead the nursing team providing support to junior colleagues and assisting them in problem solving relating to patients and staff.
- Lead in the assessment of the healthcare needs of patients and develop care plans reflecting their needs
- Lead in supporting and developing the nursing team which includes undertaking appraisals, supervision and training and development
- Assist the Nursing and Quality Lead in monitoring the quality of care they're receiving
- Develop goals with the patient and MDT colleagues to progress the patient towards discharge
- Carryout clinical skills such as complex medication administration, intravenous medications and fluid administration, syringe pump use, enteral feeding, complex wound care and catheterisation and assist junior colleagues in gaining their competency related to clinical skills.
- Assist in developing new ways of working in the centre and developing strong links with other services and the wider community
- you'll need to be well organised, confident and able to be adaptable and resourceful to deliver high quality patient care.
- Be a key part of the team and work without any direct supervision on a daily basis with the ability to prioritise work at all times based on the patient need
Working for our organisation
To apply you must be on the NMC register with post graduate experience working within a team and preferably within an inpatient setting.
The unit will operate 24 hours, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year therefore you will be required to work shift patterns.
Join us and you can be part of this new service from the very beginning and make a positive difference to people’s recovery.
Rewards and Benefits
- Excellent learning and development to support you and develop your Nursing Career.
- Flexible working opportunities from start date
- Free parking on Trust Sites
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is committed to training and developing its staff not only with clinical skills but also in leadership and managerial skills.
You’ll also have access to our generous pension scheme and health service discounts, as well as generous annual leave plus bank holidays.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools. We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the ‘About You’ Section of the document.
Registered with NMC
- Registered with NMC
- Hospital experience
Team leader experience
- Team leader experience
post graduate qualifications
- post graduate qualifications
Applications will be transferred to the TRAC system, by completing an application you are giving authorisation for the transfer of your data. In submitting an application form, you authorise us to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process. Including factual reference, occupational health clearance and statutory and mandatory training records
Correspondence regarding your application will be sent to you via a TRAC system account.
Please submit your application as soon as possible; due to the high volumes of applications we receive we reserve the right to close any adverts before the closing date once we have received sufficient applications.
We are an equal opportunities employer, which aims to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from all backgrounds.
Applicants who have a disability and meet the essential criteria for the job will be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme. If you require a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process please make the recruitment services team aware as soon as possible.
Please note if a DBS is applicable for the position then a charge will be deducted from your first salary or upfront cost if a staff bank position.
Please note that all new starters to the trust are subject to a probationary period.
During Covid 19 the trust supports all government guidelines and new starters to the trust will be encouraged to complete an individual risk assessment.
Please be aware that all staff employed by NHFT are expected to adhere to the current infection prevention and control guidelines, this includes the wearing of face masks at all times that are approved for use within healthcare. If you have any queries regarding this please contact the named person on the job advert prior to completing your application.