HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Working in partnership with University College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, HCA UK at University College Hospital is a dedicated private facility offering expert care for patients with cancer and blood disorders. Our team of experienced doctors and nurses provide the highest quality of personalised care, at all stages of treatment for our patients.
We are continually investing in our facilities to make sure our patients have access to the latest treatments and technology, including our advanced radiotherapy and JACIE-accredited bone marrow transplant service.
The post-holder will be a key member of the pharmacy team and will contribute to the efficient running of the dispensaries, and provide a comprehensive, safe and efficient clinical pharmacy service. The work will involve provision of parenteral and oral anti-cancer medication across the inpatient and outpatient settings.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £46,400 - £49,000 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to inpatients and outpatients, including prescription monitoring, the provision of drug information, medicines reconciliation and patient counselling
- Participate in discharge planning
- To ensure the safe security and correct storage of medications throughout the unit
- To ensure guidelines are being adhered to in regards to prescribing, supply and administration of medication
- To clinically verify all chemotherapy prescriptions, ensuring clinically appropriate and legally correct
- To assist in running the inpatient and outpatient dispensaries
- To assist with dispensing medications where required
- To final check all dispensed items in line with local guidance
Skills & Experience
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Extensive hospital pharmacy experience
- Experience in clinical oncology and/or haematology
- Possesses post-graduate diploma or equivalent (desirable)
- Evidence of continuing professional development
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.