Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
Hours: Part-Time, Full time & Flexible working options
Salary: competitive + fantastic benefits
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
Both Christie Private Care and The Christie NHS trust have been inspected by CQC in 2018 and both parties achieved a rating of outstanding
Patient care is consultant led, but we have a team of Resident Medical Officers based on the unit 24/7 and we are also supported by a critical care outreach team who support deteriorating patients.
What we’re looking for
As a Theatre Scrub Practitioner, you will be working as part of a team to ensure a high standard of nursing care and safety for patients within the theatre unit. In addition to this, you will also actively contribute to the maintenance of an environment that is conducive to the delivery and promotion of a high standard of patient care.
We have a number of part-time, full time and flexible working roles available, the attractive and competitive salary for this role is up to competitive which will of course be dependent upon experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence-based practice
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care
- Prepare equipment and instruments according to the individual needs of the patient and Surgeon, as well as involvement with the updating of Surgeon preference cards
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Prepare patients and provide assistance for clinical/operative procedures
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives
Skills & Experience:
- Registered Nurse or ODP
- Scrub experience in a range of surgical specialities
- Experience in Cancer care
- Extensive experience in a similar role
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.