LOCATIONS: Private boarding schools in Surrey, Sussex, Derbyshire, Berkshire + Oxfordshire
SALARY: £1000 per six-day working week. Accommodation + meals also included.
Camps work on a weekly basis on the weeks commencing:
3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st July and 7th, 14th August
The nurse will be a part of the wider welfare team on site, overseeing the wellbeing of all the players. The nurse will be responsible for the storage and dispensation of players’ medication and will provide support and guidance to staff when dealing with player injuries and illnesses. The nurse will provide daily clinics to assess children who are unwell and will liaise with the online GP. The nurse will also support the physiotherapists who provide treatment for musculoskeletal and other sports-related injuries on camp. The nurse will be responsible for players’ medical records on camp.
- Leading the team in providing first aid and medical assistance to players on the camp.
- Running regular clinics for players.
- Keeping up-to-date records of injuries and illnesses
- Monitoring unwell children and liaising with the GP with respect to observations and treatment.
- Storing and dispensing prescribed medicines.
- Assessing any serious injuries and directing the immediate response.
- Communicating and liaising with senior welfare staff about players in their care (on a need-to-know basis)
- Communicating with and providing reassurance to parents
- Provide support and guidance to all staff when dealing with illness, injury or mental health issues.
All staff contribute to the overall smooth running of the camp and the safety and wellbeing of the children in our charge. We look for friendly, positive and approachable individuals, used to working as part of a team. The nurse will be able to handle sensitive situations well, adhering to confidentiality and data protection guidance, have excellent organisational skills and be able to contribute to a positive and supportive camp environment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Medical experience – qualified paediatric nurse
- Hold appropriate qualifications and have membership with a professional regulatory body (i.e. NMC membership)
- Hold appropriate public liability and medical indemnity insurance
- Paediatric experience and evidence of up-to-date certification including DBS and clinical competencies
As the team who run Nike Sports Camps in the UK, our mission is to deliver unforgettable experiences to young people through the power of sport and education. Each summer we welcome thousands of children from 90 countries onto our sport and language residential courses. We aim to encourage and challenge young people to grow their skills, friendship groups, English language fluency and self-confidence, both on and off the field of play, while having the time of their lives.
Non-residential positions are also available on a per-hour basis for those local to our venues.
We require a week commitment as a minimum during the below dates, but also some work the entire 7 weeks.