BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer, with over 60 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff.
The surgical wards have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff. This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week, although job share/part time applicants would be considered. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern which reflects patient need.
Our patients are treated by Consultants from a wide range of specialities that include: Orthopaedic , Gynaecology, Colorectal and General surgery. We also have on site Oncologists and Haematologists who offer diagnostic, treatment and supportive pathways with specialist expertise. Cutting edge technology is available on site including a dedicated oncology ward, the latest MRI and CT scanning technology and an on-site pharmacy for faster access to treatment
Caring for our patients is of the utmost importance to us, seeking to deliver exemplary personalised.
Potential Working Hours Days shifts, long days and 7.5hrs, nights and weekends may be required, flexing up or down based on service need.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing. Or
- Registered Nurse Level 2 - Relevant Competencies for the role.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Good team worker.
- Both punctual and reliable.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- As a skilled member of the nursing team promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Be an advocate for patient care, searching for ways to improve the value and effectiveness of care and services delivered.
- Encouraging the development of research and audit based clinical practice.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers up to £29,000pa for this vacancy and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including: BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme, Staff Pension Scheme, 25 days holiday per annum, Car Parking re-imbursement and link bus transportation from the hospital car park at London Road train station.
Being part of a bigger healthcare group gives you as a BMI employee great future career opportunities all over the country.
Each member of staff will benefit from a structured development plan to grow their surgical knowledge and expertise.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
For more Information:
Please contact Alison Long 01483442628 Email: Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org
competitive salary plus benefits
020 328 36600