Registered Nurse - sponsorship & accommodation available
An exciting opportunity for a band 6 registered nurse has arisen in a specialist neuro hospital, based in Haslemere, Surrey.
Our client is a highly regarded independent Hospital, which provides long-term care and rehabilitation to adults with severe neuro disability as a result of an acquired brain injury, spinal cord or degenerative disease. The patients are highly dependent and have complex needs including dependence on mechanical ventilation for breathing, tracheostomy and enteral feeding.
Job Type / Category
The hospital has a variety of shifts available either part time or full time.
DAYS / NIGHT / WEEKDAYS / WEEKENDS shifts available
An overview of some of your responsibilities are:
- Delivering expert nursing care, monitoring and maintaining standards of care.
- Ongoing informal and formal assessment of patients in order to provide the most beneficial care to people with complex disabilities
- Identify and act on changes in patient condition, making safe, timely decisions appropriate to the situation.
- Work with patients, the multi-disciplinary team and families to set realistic and achievable goals
- Plan and provide care interventions for patients in line with the needs and goals of the patient.
- Provide support to relatives keeping them informed as far as possible in line with patient confidentiality policy.
- Maintain up to date case records and care plans maintaining patient confidentiality in line with the hospital policy.
- Provide appropriate and timely reports and other patient correspondence.
- Work with colleagues to provide support to all ward staff.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Valid NMC pin
- Previous neurological or elderly care experience is ideal
- Accommodation available at GBP16 per night, or GBP70 per week
- Sponsorship available for Tier 2 visas
- Subsidised meals
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free uniform
- Discount on physio services