Registered Nurse - Emergency Zone - Band 5
So, you’re eager to learn more about emergency nursing at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- Our multidisciplinary team consists of Emergency Medicine Consultants, pharmacists, junior doctors and physiotherapists, who work collaboratively to treat a complex mix of emergency department patients.
- Our nurses have the opportunity tap into the expertise of specialist nurses and doctors as they handle patient assessment, investigation, diagnosis and the management of patients with an emergency illness
- We’re one of two designated Major Trauma Centres in the South West, working closely with a network of local unit trauma units to provide specialised trauma care and rehabilitation to patients with multiple serious injuries.
- Our nurses move through our bespoke rotation packages across specialities, because we’re passionate about offering internal and external training for career progression and our nurses have access to an award winning in-house Practice Development Nurse.
- Our Emergency Zone is purpose-built to aid patient flow, transfer, and treatment. It comprises of our Emergency Department and Acute Medical unit, featuring 4 bedded triage bays, 24 clinical assessment rooms, an ambulatory care unit, 16 short stay rooms, a separate emergency department entrance and a ground level helipad.
But it’s not just our emergency and acute medical departments that are impressive; our trust itself is pioneering, progressive and proud. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and Wellbeing initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
- We value staff feedback; in the results of our 2020 staff survey, our response rate was 4% higher than the national average. We are continuing to strive for improvement with 72% of staff saying they would recommend our organisation as a place to work (up 3% from last year and 6% better than the national average)
- Our nurses don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke speciality rotations. We also support internal transfers for those who wish to gain experience in a new speciality or further develop their skills.
- Our staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within equality and development groups, and given the mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust supports the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes. Our city boasts a wide range of state-of-the-art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, and excellent transport links. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, our trust is easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales.
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- A registered nurse eager to channel your experience into a new and exciting role?
- An experienced Emergency Department nurse with the passion and talent to progress clinically and professionally?
- Please be aware this post is not suitable for newly qualified nurses
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our digital engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into (search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram)