Registered Nurse Community based
Registered Adult Nurse Level 1 Leicester Community Based Monday to Friday Immediate start!!!
Salary: GBP37k + benefits
- Practice within the Legal & Ethical framework as established by Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) and National Legislation to ensure clients' interests and well-being are met.
- To take responsibility for the clinical care of each client within your caseload, reporting to the Nurse Manager.
- To implement, assess and evaluate a care plan for each client.
- To make regular visits to each Client within your caseload to meet the clinical needs and training requirements for each package
- To take responsibility for the training and assessment of competencies for the personal assistants working within each team.
- To liaise with the multi-disciplinary team as required for each client in your care.
- To ensure best practice is implemented, and the highest standards of individualised care are met.
- Responsibility for maintaining client records within agreed standards.
- Implement, assess and evaluate a Care Plan for each client.
- Select and implement evidence-based nursing interventions when appropriate to meet the individual needs of clients using National Guidance
- Ensure personal assistants and clients are able to undertake record and follow clinical guidelines for the tasks for which they have received appropriate training.
- Ensure personal assistants are fully trained and have their competency assessed for all care procedures they are required to undertake for their Client.
- Ensure the competency of all staff is reviewed and updated regularly.
- Assist in raising awareness of health and well-being, and how it can be promoted.
- Assist personal assistants with understanding the clients need for social interaction and support them with caring for the client outside the home environment.
- Level 1 NMC registered (Adult) Nurse
- Specialist field of practice - Intensive Care Nursing, High Dependency Nursing, Spinal Injuries or Community home ventilation experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent clinical care skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Management experience
- Ability to prioritise case load effectively
- Problem solving & crisis management
- Quality management
- Accurate reporting skills
- Able to promote and represent the Company in a positive and professional light
- Able to convey information clearly, follow organisational policies & procedures and produce appropriate written communication
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business