Professional care will change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Registered Nurses and Mental Health Nurses to care for our service users living in Stevenage and the surrounding areas.
We offer 'same day pay'
Do you find unexpected costs effect your life? Newcross Healthcare can remove some of the stresses of last minute expenses by offering you Flexi Pay! Our app feature allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
Become a Newcross Nurse
As a Nurse, you will have outstanding clinical skills and be comfortable providing nursing care to our service users independently and as part of a wider MDT team. It is highly desirable that you have team leader skills and are able to administer medication in various nursing home settings.
As a Mental Health Nurse, you will have a calm and approachable manner as you could be caring for service users with challenging behaviours, substance abuse or mental health issues.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
What Newcross Healthcare will offer you
- Avoid NHS wait times. Our healthcare & mental health support package includes a Virtual GP for convenient consultations, advice and prescriptions - all using your mobile device*
- Be the boss of when you get paid - instantly withdraw up to 50% of your pay
- Flexible full and part-time hours to fit around your schedule and no zero-hour contracts. Just mark your availability in our handy app, HealthForceGo, and we'll do the rest
- Interview from the comfort of your own home
- Exclusive training and professional development opportunities
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
What's in it for you
- A salary of up to £28.47/hr (including holiday pay)
- Mileage compensation to cover travel
- Free criminal record check DBS/PVG and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support from a dedicated team
- Employee perks scheme, offering 30,000 discounts from leading brands
- Free specialised training programs
Take the next steps - Click 'Apply' to submit an application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch.
The local branch - Our local Milton Keynes branch is located at Bond Avenue, just off the A5.
Join our friendly and supportive community. Apply today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.