Your local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
Do you have a passion for nursing? Then join our outstanding team here at Newcross.
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit qualified Registered Nurses and Registered Mental Health Nurses to care and support our service users in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes across Tyne and Wear, Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside and the surrounding area.
What's in it for you?
- Salary of up to £28.84/hr including holiday pay
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Flexible vacancies that allow you to choose your hours throughout the week
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts on the high street!
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
What does a Newcross nurse do?
Our nursing services put the user at the centre of everything we do.
You must have a compassionate approach and be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing nursing care that protects the dignity of the client in line with their personalised care plan.
Flexi Pay, you will have the chance to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if you so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable.
Apply today and begin your application!
Click apply, send your application and a member of our lovely team will be in touch shortly. We look forward to speaking to you
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants - Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.