Do you genuinely enjoy the rewards and challenges of working with Children and Young people?
We are looking for a Registered Nurse for a Children's Residential care home for up to four Children who are aged 10 to 18.
You will be required to provide direct care and support to the Children and Young people living in the home.
Registered Nurse Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing direct care and support of children and young people, using therapeutic principles and attachment-aware practice
- Building relationships with the young people to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns
- Ensure the correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitor the results of treatment
- Respond to distressed young people in a non-threatening manner and attempt to understand the source of their discomfort
- Help the young people manage their emotions through de-escalating techniques
- Excellent observational skills to assess and look out for signs of tension or anxiety
- Prepare and maintain the young people's records and produce care plans and risk assessments
- Promote and participate in activities for all children and young people
- Helping manage and run the home
- Offering advice, direct work and mentoring to individual children and young people, as well as staff members
Registered Nurse Minimum requirements:
- Professional experience working with children or qualifications in appropriate disciplines
- A nurse qualification (RGM/RMN) with a valid NMC pin number
- Previous experience working as a staff nurse or registered nurse in a Care Home environment is desirable but not essential
- At least two years experience
- Ability to work shifts and sleep in
- Full Driving licence desirable
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Medical Insurance
Full Time - Permanent and Bank Work available
Closing date: 23rd August 2019
Contact: Amandeep at Job paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.