Registered Mental Health Nurse
The Cloisters is a 25 bedded hospital (currently being extended to 34 beds) set within a peaceful environment on the edge of Newbury. Working in partnership with Berkshire NHS Trust, the unit offers inpatient individualised treatment and rehabilitation to patients who have mental health problems and require support to increase their recovery and independence with a view to enabling them to leave the hospital and live in varying levels of supported living accommodation.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Registered Mental Health Nurses to work full time. Part time hours will also be considered.
You will have:
- NMC registration as a Mental Health Nurse
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self motivated attitude
- An interest in working within a modern, forward thinking and effective specialist service
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability including being reliable
- Previous experience in Adult Mental Health Services
- Experience in rehabilitation and recovery model will be an advantage
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Pro-active, therapeutic and recovery approach to care management
- An ability to prioritise own workload within established procedures
- Pro-active approach to mentoring, influencing and supervising Junior Staff.
Benefits of working for us include:
- A competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave (pro rata for part time staff) and birthday leave
- SMART Contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction programme and computerised training programme
- Access to CPD funding for career development (subject to application and approval)
- On-going access to supervision on a regular basis
- Free Enhanced Disclosure check
- Refund of your annual NMC registration fee
- Enhanced Maternity pay
- Online benefits and discounts
- Access to occupational health services
- Free parking
- Staff meals
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Flexible working opportunities
- Staff wellbeing activities
We have an excellent team and offer a very good working environment with an ever evolving service where ideas and innovation are welcome and are integral to the development of the service.
Interviews will be arranged as applications are received and depending on the candidates' availability.
Please email if you are having difficulties applying through our online portal.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the advert earlier if a good number of suitable applications are received before the closing date.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information can be obtained from www.dbs.gov.uk
The successful applicants will be working with patients that present with a range of mental health and psychological needs. You will undertake and manage direct patient care, having participated fully in the assessment, planning and evaluation of care needs. You will be flexible, enthusiastic, self motivated, reliable and interested in working within a modern, forward thinking and effective specialist service. You will be a key member of our multi-disciplinary team adopting a pro-active, therapeutic and recovery approach to care management within a supportive and healing environment. You will have an ability to prioritise own workload within established procedures and also be pro-active in mentoring, influencing and supervising Junior Staff.
Successful candidates will have previous experience in Adult Mental Health Services. An experience of Rehabilitation Services and the Recovery Model will be an advantage.