JOB TITLE: Registered General Nurse (RGN)
DEPARTMENT: Beis Pinchos Nursing Home
Beis Pinchos is a forty-three capacity Jewish care home, providing an excellent interior and atmosphere for a comfortable retirement, with skilled and friendly carers on hand throughout the day and night.
With comfortable dining and living areas, Beis Pinchos supports active daily living, also with good wheelchair access and an enclosed garden. Carers are experienced in a depth of care issues, including in the provision of services for individuals diagnosed with dementia.
Some benefits we offer:
- 28 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- Meals at subsidized costs
- Employee of the month awards personalized to you
- Flexible working pattern
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To be responsible, as delegated, for the Home nursing care and administration of medication, as prescribed by doctors.
2. To help control the supply of medication for residents. To liaise with doctors to ensure that adequate stock of medication is in place.
3. To assist on ensuring that all residents have an equal opportunity to enjoy a friendly homely atmosphere within the Home.
a) To contact the resident’s doctor when resident requires or asks for.
b) To maintain the drug cupboard in good order ensuring supply does not run out.
c) To alert the doctor or any other appropriate person when there is any deterioration in resident’s health.
4. To act as senior staff member on duty.
5. Any duties which may be required to ensure that the life of the residents is as enriched and fulfilling as possible.
6. To assist in the induction and training of new staff and identifying training needs of current care staff, and help meet those needs as in-house training.
7. To continue your own training where appropriate.
8. To undertake administrative duties where appropriate, ensuring residents care records are kept up to date and in good order.
9. To attend all relevant meetings, participating in discussions where appropriate.
10. To assist in the compilation and presentation of reports and assessments.
11. To assist in promoting and developing a professional approach to the role of the care staff.
12. To ensure that communication between care and nursing staff is maintained through the line management system.
13. To fulfil the duties of Residential Care Worker when necessary; bathing, dressing/ undressing, toileting, personal grooming, feeding and to respond to any emotional or physical needs of residents.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Clinically confident
- Valid NMC Registration
- Have good communication skills
- Work under supervision
- Leadership skills
- Good team worker
- Both punctual and reliable
For more information, please contact Gitty at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0208 802 3819.
£18 - £20 per hour