Registered General Nurse
REGISTERED NURSE - Days
HOURLY RATE: GBP17.25
36.75 CONTRACT AVAILABLE
SHIFTS: 07:45 - 20:00 (WITH PAID HANDOVER AND BREAKS)
We are looking for a registered general nurse with experience in elderly care to join the team at our luxury modern home. The homes are designed and developed by architects, designers and clinicians making the homes not only luxurious for the residents but meaning the staff have the very best facilities and equipment to offer the highest standards of 24-hour nursing care, delivering professional, friendly and compassionate care to residents with significant and complex health conditions. State of the art homes are not the whole package we believe our staff are our most single important asset and we are dedicated to the ongoing development of all our employees.
Registered General Nurse Role Responsibilities:
- Manage the delivery of residents personalised care according to their agreed plan of care for the duration of a shift.
- Promote professional standards within the home supporting the Deputy and Home Manager.
- Provide supervision, coaching and assessment to Senior Care Assistants and Care Assistants
- Ensure effective assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of resident care through written care plans
- Maintain correctly written records as required by the company and regulatory bodies
- Manage daily rotas and delegate daily workload ensuring sufficient and safe use of manpower.
- Ensure that all new admission files are completed within the week of arrival and the named nurse, senior carer and key worker must all contribute to completing the file
- Build relationships with external professionals
- Participate with the investigation of complaints and working with the deputy manager to implement lessons learnt.
- Maximise bed occupancy by showing prospective residents and their families around the home in the absence of the Home/ Deputy Manager
- Assist the home manager to carry out regular quality audits of care plans
- Along with your main duties, you will also be expected to carry out any other duties that are reasonably asked of you by the Home Manager
Skills and experience required for Registered General Nurse:
- Experience in Elderly care is essential
- Registered Nurse with a Valid PIN
- Evidence of knowledge relating to the care of older people in order to undertake the coaching and supervision of Senior Care and Care Assistants
- Demonstrate a professional manner and appearance
- Demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and motivate a team
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and handle emergency situations effectively
If you are a registered general nurse in the Nottingham or surrounding areas, we are keen to speak with you. Click apply and we will be in contact soon.