Responsible for planning and providing support and medical and nursing care to people who have a range of mental health issues.
Work as part of a team of professional and medical staff that includes doctors, social workers, therapists and psychiatrists. They work in a range of settings, including hospitals and people's homes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements
- Organising workloads
- Visiting patients at home
- Building relationships with, reassuring, listening and talking to patients
- Combating stigma and help patients and their families
- Administering medication
- Agreeing and reviewing care plans and monitoring progress
- Giving advice and arranging support for patients, relatives and carers
- Liaising with doctors, social workers and other professionals
- Assessing treatment success at case conferences and meetings
- Writing and updating patient records
- Encouraging patients to take part in therapeutic activities such as art and role play
- Shift work or on-call rotas can sometimes be part of the job.
- Speaks Somali, Arabic and English
- 5 years of experience
- UK, Europe or US work experience.
- Transportation allowance
- Housing allowance
- Annual air tickets
- Annual bonus
- Other benefits as per the hospital policy
- Salary: Subject to qualifications and work experience.
- Full time, Permanent
Subject to qualifications and work experience