Registered General Nurse, Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Nurse in Learning Disability
Location: HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary: GBP28,512.16 (Less than 2 years' experience) or GBP33,792.19 (More than 2 years' experience) based on a 40 hour week. This will be pro-rata for those opting to work 37.5 hours.
Golden Hello of GBP1500* (*GBP500 on joining; GBP1000 after 12 months)
Hours of work:
Core Day Nurse Posts - 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. This role includes no weekends, bank holidays or nights.
Long day nurse positions - 37.5 hours per week - this role would consist of 3 x 12 hour shifts a week.
HMP/YOI Parc are looking for a nurse (RGN/ RNLD/ RMN) to join our dedicated and enthusiastic nurse-led 24/7 Primary Care service. This secure site holds approximately 1800 men predominantly serving sentences of two years or more.
The environment in which we work is challenging and unique and we are looking for resilient and flexible individuals to help deliver a service that equals the level of care that you would expect to receive in the community. The role is fast-paced but very interesting with no one day being the same.
Our nurse clinics include triage, phlebotomy, epilepsy, vaccination, chronic heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, dressings, COPD, asthma, healthy living and a range of mental health interventions. Our patients also have on-site access to GP, Dentist, Optician, podiatry, pharmacy and physiotherapy. Our nursing team will be responsible for running clinics and also responding to unexpected medical emergencies as they arise.
HMP/YOI Parc is located 2 minutes away from Junction 36 of the M4.
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Free parking
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidised on-site canteen
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers - Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Successful applicants can expect to attend a Prison Awareness Training course, following by a six week induction programme and regular access to relevant training and support from management. In addition to this all nurses will be required to attend weekly full staff meetings and daily verbal handover whilst on shift.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.