Principal Medical Writer
Principal Medical Writer
inScience Communications (part of Springer Healthcare)
Chester, Knutsford, London
Excellent salary and benefits package
inScience Communications is a medical communications agency with over 30 years of experience in the industry. We offer excellent opportunities for career progression with a focus on employee satisfaction and retention.
We're looking for a talented Principal Medical Writer, keen to take on this diverse role as part of our expanding operation in the UK, working with some of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity offering real variety on a day-to-day basis. Interaction with medical experts at the top of their field is a key part of this role and the successful candidate will take on the rewarding challenge of maintaining such external relationships. You will work with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and will be joining a supportive team who actively share ideas and work in partnership with our clients.
With continuing growth and plans for expansion, now is an excellent time to join the team and make a difference.
- To provide strategic direction and lead and manage tactical delivery of scientific content for a range of medical communications that meet client needs, internal quality standards and timelines:
- Advise Senior and Scientific Services Directors about editorial resource requirements
- To review scientific content for a range of medical communications according to client needs, internal quality standards and agreed specifications, budgets and timeframes
- Apply an advanced level of knowledge of the therapeutic use and strategic marketing of pharmaceuticals to account plans, publication plans and/or communication programmes
- Provide support to the Business Development team
- Provide editorial advice to the management team (e.g. quality standards, training needs, resource needs)
- Maintain broad awareness of developments in relevant therapeutic areas and discipline, editorial issues and technological developments within publishing and communications, and the wider company's product portfolio
- Contribute to revenue targets by ensuring that projects are progressed according to schedules
- Record and monitor actual time spent on projects against budgeted time and alert account teams to any developments that may impact on budgets
- Complete timesheets in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitor own utilization rate (target 70%)
- In conjunction with the SSDs/SSSD, help develop writers within an account team to achieve their full potential
- Assist in preparing and updating SOPs/training modules
- Contribute to annual and mid-year performance reviews, as appropriate
- Support team working principles across all the global inScience Communications groups, as well as other departments and business units within the company
- Life science degree
- Proven to have extensive writing experience in a medical communications agency
- Proven experience reviewing/coaching experience in a medical communications agency
- Extensive experience of client liaison and interaction, including client visits and on-site experience
- Proven ability in all aspects of medical communication deliverables
- Management or supervisory experience
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating salary expectations.
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Competitive plus great employee benefits