Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential. All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check for all successful applicants.
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, HDU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Are you a newly qualified Mental Health Nurse looking to develop your training with an excellent Preceptorship programme?
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill are currently seeking motivated and enthusiastic Registered Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Nurses to join the team!
Working as an RMN / RNLD you will be expected to:
• Be part of a large multi-disciplinary team providing safe and effective care for individuals with complex mental illness
• Observe / respond to patient behaviours on the ward, which may include self-harm and acts of aggression
• Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
• Medication management
• Maintain the safety of patients and staff
• Ensure good quality of patient documentation which meets regulatory guidance and statutory requirements
• Work within the NMC Code of Conduct and practice guidelines
• At a more senior level, you'll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
You will have a 6 - 12 month preceptor package with tailored individual and group support both on and off the ward. You will also be offered constant support and training throughout your Preceptorship, and will be supported with peer review, clinical supervision, mentorship and appraisals.
What we can give you?
• Golden Hello Welcome Bonus (£5000 spread over 3 years)
• Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
• Relocation Allowance (please get in touch for more details)
• Career Development through Staff Nurse Grading System
• Private Medical Cover and Life Assurance
• 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Life Assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Career development
• Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership, IT, private healthcare, Shopping discounts)
• Free meals and parking on site whilst on duty
What we need from you?
• Registered Mental Health Nursing qualification
• Good understanding of the Mental Health Act
• Registration with the NMC (RMN / RNLD / RMNH)
• Proven assessment and care planning experience
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Flexibility to work across the services within our site
We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways:
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has th
£27,824 per year