HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The London General Practice offers a comprehensive range of services and medical facilities provided by our approachable team of medical experts, from our state-of-the-art clinic in Harley Street.
We are currently recruiting for a Practice Nurse/Staff Nurse at The London General Practice, part of our Outpatients Department
As the Staff Nurse/Practice Nurse in The London General Practice you will ensure the delivery of a quality and research-based service to our patients, their families and Consultants.you will also provide specialised nursing cover to the clients within LGP such as Medicals/immunisations/Hearing and visual tests/prescription checks and vaccinations .
Salary: £31,972 -£35,169 (dependent on experience) plus benefits
Reward and recognition - We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
Please note we will close this role early if a suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting in leading the clinical and the operational management of the LGP clinic by providing effective leadership and management.
- Ability to assess and recognise presenting conditions and refer appropriately.
- Preparing and management movement of prescription for the Consultants.
- Prioritise workloads according to the LGP daily schedules.
- Promoting team working to maximise effectiveness of service delivery.
- Assisting in audit and quality assessment procedures.
- Maintaining accurate patient and staff records.
- Assuming responsibility for the control storage and administration of drugs.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registration
- Practice Nurse Qualification Desirable
- Phlebotomy Skills Essential
- Wound Dressing
- Performing and Interpreting ECGs
- Immunisation and Travel Vaccination
- Health Screening Experience
- Ear Syringing
- Smear Testing Experience
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.