HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Staff Nurse in PICU- this position qualifies for the Golden Hello currently being offered --£15,000 over 2 years (Subject to T&C's)
HCA Healthcare UK Paediatric Intensive Care services provide acute, complex care to all patients and are internationally renowned for clinical excellence. In our units, you can expect to have the time to provide a quality holistic patient experience and will be supported to be the best that you can be with access to a preceptorship and mentorship programme and funding for the PICU qualification.
Our Paediatric Intensive Care services are covered across 2 of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London; The Portland Hospital for Women & Children and The Harley Street Children’s Hospital.Both hospitals care for level 2 and level 3 ventilated patients in Cardiac, Neuro-rehab and Oncology; and we also provide pioneering treatment that is not available elsewhere in the UK.
The Portland Hospital for Women & Children is the UK's largest private children's hospital with over 46 paediatric beds including our 10-bed intensive care unit; which is equipped with the latest technology to provide advanced respiratory and organ support.
Recently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC, The Harley Street Childrens Hospital specialises in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for children and the 9 bedded Paediatric Intensive Care Unit provides expertise and technology of the highest standard.
As a Senior Staff Nurse in our Paediatric Intensive Care unit, working at The Portland Hospital for Women & Children you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care for your patients; developing, implementing and evaluating holistic care plans for children. You will need to develop longstanding relationships with children and their families and promote family centred care. Working with team members across all multidiscipline. you will need to be able to communicate effectively. As a senior nurse, you will also be accountable and responsible for the nursing management of a designated area, supervising staff and acting as a role model for the team.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hrs per week – flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £37,000 - £43,048 dependent on skills & experience plus you will receive a 9% shift enhancement;
We are also currently running a Golden Hello Scheme* to demonstrate our commitment to you and our patients. Upon joining HCA Healthcare UK as a PICU nurse you will receive (*subject to T&C’s):
- Nurses with 60 credit PICU qualification – £5k upon commencement of employment, £5k after 12 months service and £5k after 24 months service
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise other staff in this activity
- Act as an advocate for the child and family, providing them with information and support and directing them to the relevant support services where appropriate
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events
- Ensure that discharge planning is commenced at the point of admission, liaising with the multidisciplinary team, other departments and community services as necessary.
- Develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care
- Ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed “best practice”
- Assist in the development and review of policies and standards for the safe use of equipment and any new equipment introduced to the department.
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families
- Mentoring and supervising junior members of staff
Skills & Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse
- Post grad nursing experience in a PICU setting
- Completion of a PICU Course that is equivalent to 60 credits
- Leadership or management training is desirable
- Basic Life Support training is desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.