Part Time Nurse RGN
Role Responsibility: G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We now have an opportunity for a RGN to join our Healthcare team at Gatwick IRCs (potential to work at other G4S sites).
Staff nurses less than 2 years qualified - GBP16,073.03
Staff nurses more than 2 years qualified - GBP19,123.60
Shifts: 23 hours per week covering 2 shifts per week (Shift pattern: 07:00 - 19:30 / 19:00 - 07:30)
Benefits as a Registered General Nurse:
- Between GBP16,073.03 - GBP19,123.60 per annum dependent on experience
- Mandatory training provided
- Free Parking
- Subsidised on-site canteen
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers - Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of detainees which is professional, caring and dedicated. Our healthcare provision is equivalent to that available in the community and includes: GP and nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, optometry, podiatry, physiotherapy, mental health, substance misuse and sexual health. These are all delivered within a comprehensive clinical governance framework through the G4S Clinical Governance panel.
The Ideal Candidate: Essential Skills for a RGN:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Desirable Skills for a RGN:
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
As part of the recruitment process it is a requirement to complete a telephone interview and if shortlisted you will be interviewed onsite. For more information please contact
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.