HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the largest independent hospital in the UK and has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We are currently recruiting for a Sister/Charge Nurse in our Orthopaedic, Spinal & Neurosurgery ward
The Ortho/Spinal nursing ward is located in The Wellington South building, and is a 21-bedded unit specialising in Ortho, Spinal and Neuro patients.
The Sister/Charge Nurse will lead our highly skilled team of Nurses. Reporting to the Modern Matron, you will be required to act as an expert practitioner and role model, mentoring junior colleagues to develop advanced knowledge and skills in order to benefit the treatment of ill patients in any setting within the Hospital. Working with a Medical and Surgical caseload, the postholder will be responsible for managing the referral service, ensuring that patients coming into the unit are assess, treated, referred and discharge according to the case, whilst working closely with Outreach services, consultants and GP’s etc.
This is a full-time position: 37.5 hours per week (long days/nights/weekends)
Salary: competitive plus shift enhancements & Benefits
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell additional hours and excellent career development; offering clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of critical care nursing. To work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff.
- To coordinate the provision of an efficient Orthopaedic ward service.
- To be visionary and dynamic in driving the team forward in a rapid changing environment.
- Assist in developing and promote protocols for the recognition and the management of critically ill patients.
- To provide clinical leadership and line management for all nursing and support staff.
- With the assistance of the Matron ensure the implementation of new initiatives within the surgical service.
- With the assistance of the Matron to actively lead, participate and contribute to research and audits projects within the service.
- With the assistance of the consultants, site co-ordinator and referral service to accept referrals as per the Surgical operational policy
- To communicate with consultants and site managers and organise the discharge
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) with NMC pin
- Orthopaedic qualification (desirable)
- Teaching and mentorship (desirable)
- First line management course
- ILS (essential)
- Advanced Life Support qualification (desirable)
- Experience in working in either of the specialities (essential
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.