HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the largest independent hospital in the UK and has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We are currently recruiting for a Staff Nurse in our Orthopaedic, Spinal & Neurosurgery ward
The Ortho/Spinal nursing ward is located in The Wellington South building, and is a 21 bedded unit specialising in Ortho, Spinal and Neuro patients.
As the Staff Nurse within the Orthopaedics department you will be required to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care to patients within a safe, caring and comfortable environment. You will work within the team, supervising and directing junior staff.
Salary: £31,972- £36,000 dependent on experience + 9% enhancement and Benefits
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell up to an extra 10 days. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- ENB course/experience relevant to an Orthopaedic environment
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of relevant NMC/national guidelines, policies and procedures (Code of conduct)
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.